Saturday, October 29, 2005

Tools for Building Better Thinking

Elevation-a higher plane of reasoning, a level of thinking which is higher than where our mind was, just a moment ago, before we ran into THIS! This particular stop along the pathway is a place to reflect upon gaining some insight which will, in turn, give me something more to build with. Because I am ALWAYS looking for ways to better myself- always looking for ways to improve my mind, my life, my thinking. Do the usual petty things in life affect me like they do everyone else? Do I run into the snags and snares and trip on the same things everyone else does!?? You bet!

My co-worker upset me yesterday. Someone else cut me off in traffic. Somebody in the cafeteria said something rude or nasty. I got an attitude right away, because of them. Today at school someone picked an argument with me or had an attitude with me. Stuff happens. It's called "life".

But I know that I can do something about it-something within the framework of my own "intellectual and attitudinal being"! I can stop and think it over! "Why am I angry?" "Why does so & so have an attitude with me"? "Why do I get one, right back?" "Why do I think I even have to protect myself, verbally or in writing?" Why do I even think I have to physically get into it with someone?"

Am I better than that?

You bet! I can stop myself and say to my "adversary" "what's eating you?" Or I can walk away! I can choose a completely different attitude! An attitude of "I'm not going there with you"! Sometimes it is really tough to do.

But I can! I just have to DO IT.

Angry?? STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP-STOP YOURSELF RIGHT NOW! CHANNEL THOSE THOUGHTS INTO CREATIVE POWER! Inwardly, silently pray, sing, tell yourself that this moment passes and that I "can do all things with Christ... "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home